[racket] Apache improvements

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Mar 22 21:43:51 EDT 2011

I've recently enabled gzip compression on most of the
*.racket-lang.org pages, and so far there are no problems.

Another thing that I was considering is adding expiration, but I'm not
sure if there's a best way to do this, and what value to use.  It
looks like a good feature to have to speed up searches on

Does anyone know whether it's worth it?  I've seen some texts that
say that this should be done to "enable caching", but IIUC that only
saves a HEAD ping for the file so maybe the benefits are not important
enough?  Also, it's not clear to me how to do it (it's an apache
setup) and what's a value that would be fine.

I'll be happy if anyone can help with that.  (Please reply directly.)