[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 7 02:30:32 EST 2011

Just comes to my mind the times, not so long ago, when people had to push
all names into 8.3 characters and learn to write so that computers could
understand them. Sounds like metadata is yet another such constraint; you'd
rather not let it restrict you (atleast, off work), but you still wanted to
benefit from it.

Not that I could easily think of the solution. Atleast, if anything could be
automated, extracted from the data itself or the context, it should be done
so.

I guess the principle of moving forward with what we've got and improve it
as we learn more, is valid as always. Except that, rather than starting from
new everytime we learn something and abandoning the old (or instruct 6
billion people to update), we should keep the old way still valid and leave
traces from the progress.

I'm not sure if this is a good analogy, but... think about some data/program
out there now (it can be something found in the web or any native OS).
- It works/exists today
- It it very likely to work/exist tomorror, as well.
- It will propably work/exist day after
- On third day it's 50:50
- after fifth day you are better off reading from frog's guts
(sorry, I took the days from wheather forecasting :)

Now, how likely is that _any_ data/program out there now will just
work/exist after 50 years? Yet, most of the data and methods are still
likely to be valid, or atleat of value to learn from.

br, jukka