[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Sat Mar 5 16:01:42 EST 2011

There a a couple of noteworthy points to metadata approach in Liitin.

1) Existing data in any format with or without metadata is better than non-existing or one changed to something unusable. Even if different institutes and individuals use different format, there are means automate conversions and other processing like extacting metadata automatically. On the user level, it makes no difference.

2) Liitin only provides metadata about itself - not for object content. It's up to the content to provide it either within the object itself or through other Liitin objects. The reason for this is, that it is somewhat difficult to guess what is the set of metadata that covers all domains and lasts optimal through decades. Instead different domains may use and develop metadata for their own purposes. Some approaches work better than others, and will eventually become more popular.

This may not solve the problem of human nature, but makes it bearable to live it it.

br, jukka