[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Mar 5 14:02:47 EST 2011

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote at 03/05/2011 01:35 PM:
> Best summary of the problem with the Semantic Web: "People are lazy and they lie".  (I heard that from Peter Norvig, who was Baraphrasing Cory Doctorow.)

My original thesis topic (circa '98) intended to address these
problems.  I don't recall anyone saying Semantic Web then, but logical
reasoning/inference and semantic information retrieval from the Web was
on a few people's minds.  (Sadly, a key committee member could not be
convinced that this was worth pursuing, and I had to mothball it.)

Also, in addition to the ambiguous "people lie," I'd add
"ontological/knowledge engineering is hard."  I think that malice and
incompetence should be considered two separate problems that don't
necessarily have exactly the same solution.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/