[racket] typed racket: inconsistent interaction between typed and untyped code?

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 4 17:22:13 EST 2011

Danny,

This is an issue with the type Any.  Typed Racket has to protect all
values passed from typed code to untyped code from all possible
type-unsound uses.  For many kinds of values, this means Typed Racket
has to close off pretty much all kinds of uses.  In your case, you
have a transparent struct.  If it were unwrapped, untyped code could
inspect it, extract a constructor for its struct type, create an
instance with field contents that violate your define-struct:
declaration, and pass it back into typed code.  You have to be very
careful with Any on boundaries, because it has to make a lot of things
completely opaque.

Sadly, off the top of my head, I don't have a quick workaround for
you.  Maybe Sam will have a better suggestion.

Carl Eastlund