[racket] My PLT->Racket porting experience

From: Drew Hess (drew.hess at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 3 11:26:17 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> If you were to replace the body of 'play' with something like
>
>  (car 'not-a-pair)
>
> then you see the error, right?
>
> If so, then it sounds like the problem is that play-sound is not
> signaling an error (ie this is a problem specific to play-sound, not
> to teachpacks).

Hmm, there's something more insidious going on. I just tried the test
program I proposed that you try, and I *do* get an error message from
play-sound (called from inside the teachpack) when the file is not
found. For some reason, this isn't the behavior I am seeing with the
Bootstrap teachpack.

OK, I'll have to package something up to demonstrate the problem.