[racket] Racket v5.1

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 1 02:21:59 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 12:35 PM, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> On 02/16/2011 12:35 PM, Sam Phillips wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>>> In case its not clear from my other email, the racket ppa now supports 5.1.
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~plt/+archive/racket
>> Would it be possible to build a non-gui package that wouldn't need all of the
>> X11 stuff?
>>
> Yea that should be pretty easy, racket dynamically loads all the gui
> stuff so the package just has to not require gui things as dependancies.
>
> Since changing the name is rather annoying, any ideas for a name of the
> ppa? 'racket-no-gui', 'racket-text', 'racket-console' ?

JFYI, I attempted a textual version of racket a few days ago but ran
into a few issues
1. docs fail to build because they require gui libraries to be
installed. I got past this by disabling docs.
2. since there is already a 'racket' package the new package (and all
its dependencies) need to renamed with a -textual suffix. I gave up at
this point but hopefully after I figure out all the metadata that needs
to change it will work.

Posted on the users mailing list.