[racket] net/imap to read email over ssl ?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Jun 30 11:10:20 EDT 2011

I would start by searching for "IMAP" and "SSL" in the Racket manuals.
Racket includes libraries for both.

 From there, it looks like "imap-connect*" is what you'd use to make the
connection.  There's a good chance you'll have to wrap the call to that
procedure with "(parameterize ((imap-port-number ...)) ...)", since
nonstandard port numbers are pretty common for IMAP, especially when
doing SSL/TLS.

Note that, with IMAP, there are a few different ways that the protocol
can start an SSL/TLS session, and then there are different ways of
authenticating within that.  It is a tiny bit of a mess; you'll find
that with any IMAP client, not just your Racket program.  It helps if
you already have an IMAP client working with your server, and can look
at exactly what settings it is using for all this variation.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/