[racket] Limiting net-repl provided functions

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Tue Jun 28 03:13:10 EDT 2011

Sorry, I meant to say that is it possible to have only the f1, f2, and f3
provided, but not even 'require'...

> If you want a limited language, then you can make up a language with
> `require' and the limited set of bindings you want in.  If you also
> don't want `require' in the language, you can make the language itself
> provide the functions that you want to make public, but not `require'
> itself.  Yet another option is to use `call-in-sandbox-context' with
> `namespace-require'.

yes, I want to have a more limited language, yet without leaving the comfort
of Racket, meaning that on the server side you have all the familiar tools
to create new 'primitives', and on the client side, use these primitives
just like any other, no matter how and where they take place.

> (All of this is much more complicated then what Matthias originally
> hinted at: if you know the set of functions that you want to expose,
> then you can just dispatch on the input symbols and call the
> corresponding function.)

I wish I was just pretending not to see the obvious (sigh)...
Yes please, I would very much like the obvious and simple solution! :) Not
just for me, but also for the ones that hopefully will end up creating these
new services eventually. Even the hint 2 isn't enough for me unfortunately
(sigh 2)...

Anyhow, thanks for the patience everyone! :)

br, jukka