[racket] bug?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jun 27 03:19:36 EDT 2011

8 hours ago, Jordan Schatz wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is considered a bug in racket or in the SSL
> implementation at mtgox.com.  The mtgox url does work fine for me
> via curl/wget etc.  As far as I can tell when racket tries to
> retrieve the mtgox url everything starts off fine: the TLS handshake
> happens, then the request is sent and application data retrieved,
> but after that it just hangs.

Looks like some issue at the ssl level.  If I run this code:

  #lang racket
  (require openssl/mzssl)
  (define-values [i o] (ssl-connect "mtgox.com" 443 'sslv2-or-v3))
  (fprintf o "GET /code/data/ticker.php HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: mtgox.com\r\n\r\n")
  (close-output-port o)
  (let loop ()
    (define c (read-char i))
    (unless (eof-object? c) (write-char c) (flush-output) (loop)))

I see the same problem.  Similarly for other bogus inputs (like a bad
path or a bogus HTTP version) -- *but*, if I drop the "HTTP/1.0", or
even change it to "HTTP", then instead of hanging I get

  tcp-read: error reading (Connection reset by peer; errno=104)