[racket] Integrating scribble and LaTeX

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 22 10:01:09 EDT 2011

At Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:39:06 -0500, Don Blaheta wrote:
> If I put a single
> example in a file and then run
>
>    scribble --latex myfile.scrbl
>
> I get a LaTeX file that is an entire \document, not one that I can
> \include elsewhere.

I've added a `--latex-section' mode to `scribble', so

 scribble --latex-section 0 myfile.scrbl

will generate "myfile.tex" as something that you can \include. It also
generates several other ".tex" files, which provide Latex commands that
are potentially needed by "myfile.tex", so those extras need to be
included in the document preamble.

The set of extra ".tex" files depends on what you use in
"myfile.scrbl". It should work well enough to render "myfile.scrbl",
see what ".tex" files you get, and include those. If you have multiple
Scribble-generated pieces, they'll generate (mostly) the same extra
".tex" files, and obviously you'll need to include only one copy of
each in the preamble.

Posted on the users mailing list.