[racket] Integrating scribble and LaTeX

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 21 20:54:10 EDT 2011

Don Blaheta wrote:

> I was looking to put some Racket code into a set of course notes I'm
> writing up in LaTeX, and rather than just using verbatim, I thought this
> would be a perfect time to figure out (at least the basics of) Scribble.
>
> Only, I can't figure out how to integrate it with LaTeX.

Faced with the same decision a few weeks ago, I first decided, after
learning what I could do with Scribble, to write everything in Scribble
and render through LaTeX.

Then, after learning that I could use MathJax to display math in HTML, I
decided to do my course notes (summaries for the students) in Scribble
and render to HTML. This takes literally ten lines of pretty obvious
Scribble code to set up.

I am producing slides in Scribble by rendering to LaTeX (Beamer) and
then to PDFs.

I'd much rather write Scribble than LaTeX. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.