[racket] retrieving an https url

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jun 18 17:33:12 EDT 2011

Jordan Schatz wrote at 06/18/2011 05:05 PM:
> Anyway HTTPS is something I have to deal with all the time in my work as
> a web developer and I think it would help people's perception of racket
> as a professional web dev language if it was more out of the box.

FWIW, HTTPS is used heavily by some production deployments of Racket.
Both using the hack from the old Cookbook wiki, and using a library
around an external process (which library I hope the undisclosed company
will be able to open source soon).  These are used for Web services and
for moving around large amounts of data in the cloud.

Posted on the users mailing list.