[racket] retrieving an https url

From: Jordan Schatz (jordan at noionlabs.com)
Date: Fri Jun 17 23:17:29 EDT 2011

I am still pretty new to Racket, I've built a few trivial projects and am
now jumping into a more serious app. One of the first things I need to be
able to do though is work with (as a client, not server) https urls. GET
PUT POST HEAD DELETE, and most of the time send special headers.

I have seen these:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/openssl/index.html?q=ssl
http://docs.racket-lang.org/net/url.html?q=put&q=ssl#(def._((lib._net/url..rkt)._get-pure-port))
http://schemecookbook.org/view/Cookbook/WebFetchingHttpsUrl

I think those are all the pieces I need but I don't really understand
racket's unit system, and that last link appears abit dated.

Is the technique mentioned in WebFetchingHttpsUrl still the right way to
do things? Do I need to update this to #lang racket? is there a
better/more proper way?

Thanks much!
Jordan

Posted on the users mailing list.