[racket] RacketCon: Final Call for Presentations

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 16 12:42:09 EDT 2011

             Calling All Racketeers!

This is the third announcement of RacketCon:

      23 & 24 July 2011
      http://con.racket-lang.org/

We will continue accepting presentation proposals for RacketCon through
*this weekend*.  We hope to have a preliminary schedule out soon thereafter.

To obtain a slot on the program, please send a title and a brief
abstract on what you would like to present to the organizers at:

 <racketcon at racket-lang.org>

Specify how much time you would like for your presentation (anything as
short as 5 minutes and as long as 30 minutes works).  We will try to
accommodate as many presentations as possible.

The meeting will take place at Northeastern University in Boston, MA.
It will be an opportunity for developers, researchers, and educators
using Racket, DrRacket, Program By Design, and related technologies to
come together to share plans, ideas, and enthusiasm.  To make it
accessible, we will not charge any registration fees; we'll also serve
you breakfast and lunch.

RacketCon will feature presentations by key members of the
development team, including Matthew Flatt on the future of Racket and
Matthias Felleisen on the Program By Design curriculum.

Most importantly, though, we also want it to feature you.  We are
interested in presentations of any length on using Racket in
industrial software development, academic research, or education -- as
well as anything that we haven't thought of.  All sorts of
presentations are welcome, from extended tutorials to short demos to
experience reports.  Be creative!

Additional information can be found on the web page: http://con.racket-lang.org
--
sam th