[racket] Typed Racket: limited polymorphism?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 14 12:40:00 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Richard Lawrence
<richard.lawrence at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I have another question about whether something is possible in Typed
> Racket.  What I would like to do is define a polymorphic structure where
> the polymorphism is limited to a certain subset of types.  Again

This is known as bounded polymorphism, and you can see examples of it
in Java as well.  Unfortunately, Typed Racket currently doesn't
support bounded polymorphism, but it's a feature I want to eventually
add.  It complicates the type system significantly, though, so I can't
make any promises about when this will happen.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.