[racket] Strange contracts in the tutorial

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 13 19:55:54 EDT 2011

The author tried to say it doesn't return.

In a Racket-like context, the author could have specified

 ;; render-blog-page : request -> ∅

Since there are no elements in the emptyset, this specification says the same thing mathematically, using Racket's `types as sets' standard form of loose reasoning. I doubt it would have been more easily understood.

An MLer could have said α again because it is impossible to return something of this type if the function's domain isn't specified as such. Would this help?

-- Matthias