[racket] Sieve...

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jun 6 04:50:50 EDT 2011

I think that nothing is stopping someone from implementing an elegant
DSL with similar intent in Racket.  They could use it in a Racket-based
replacement for Mailman (or a full-fledged MTA, or the existing
Racket-based MUA).  If they ever need to use this Sieve language for
interoperation, they can translate to and from Sieve.

On a tangent, I think the following could be a good thesis for someone:
"a tool can greatly facilitate the construction of visual languages from
DSLs, using..."  For one of your examples, you could take your
mail-filtering DSL, somehow express sufficient semantics or show how the
tool can infer those semantics, and the tool would spit out a working
visual programming language tool for your DSL.  If you're using Racket,
you have an advantage over someone trying to scoop your thesis using
Java or Python.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/