[racket] Gambit Scheme for the iPhone and iPad

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sun Jun 5 04:35:42 EDT 2011

This is wonderful news, thanks.  I don't see anything in the way of in-app documentation, which means going into it you kind of need to know what you're doing.  You can look things up in Safari or a PDF reader, but on the iPhone switching apps is a bit cumbersome, especially for me since I have so many apps they're now in folders.  A button for λ would be a nice touch.  Nonetheless I saw Richard Cleis' message about trying this app out during a party and I smiled.  The app does deliver some pure geeky happy happy joy joy.

Next what Marc Feely's app needs is some sort of community, like Scratch, so people can share their wizardry, but for that the ability to organize and modularize scripts would need to be improved.  The downside is if people get too clever, Apple could get hyperparental and pull the plug.  So an Android app could be useful too.

Geoffrey S. Knauth
http://knauth.org/gsk