[racket] Some design "whys" of regexps in Racket

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 4 12:23:22 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:27, Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net>wrote:

> 2011/6/4 Rodolfo Carvalho <rhcarvalho at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> > I'm curious about 2 design decisions made:
> > 1) Why do I have to escape things like "\d{2}" -> "\\d{2}"?
> You can actually avoid escaping if you use here strings.
> See the example below.
> [...]

Good to learn about here strings. I've seen them somewhere but never paid
much attention.

For short strings I'd rather type things like "\\\\" than

Because the latter is more verbose and breaks the visual flow.

Both `#<<END' and `END' must come in their own lines, and no line breaks are
considered immediately after and before these tokens, respectively

Many thanks for this thread! It deserves a post on my blog :D