[racket] A question about code-style (and memory usage)

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jul 26 15:35:09 EDT 2011

Robby Findler wrote at 07/26/2011 03:12 PM:
> If we instead had (require racket/set/aliases), then I could use
> non-ASCII stuff without the big footprint.

Oh, I understand now.  Yes, "<module>/aliases" modules seem reasonable
to me, if there is some good reason that the aliases can't just be
defined in the respective "<module>".

If do a "(require racket/set)", I really don't mind if the standard set
symbols are also included as aliases in the module, so long as there are
corresponding 7-bit ASCII names that I can use instead.  I'd think
they'd take up relatively negligible resources, and they're not likely
to collide with any other uses for the symbols.  In the rare situation
they do collide, one can do a renaming import or selective import.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/