[racket] Sweet expressions; or making it easier to introduce Racket to me and my coworkers :-)

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 20 15:19:44 EDT 2011

On 2011-07-17 19:13:07 +0200, Danny Wilson wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Short version: is there an implementation of
> http://www.dwheeler.com/readable/sweet-expressions.html  for
> typed/racket or just racket?

I've been curious about sweet expressions myself for a while
too, so I went ahead and ported David Wheeler's
implementation for Racket and made it a language you can use
from planet.

To use, write a #lang line like this:

  #lang asumu/sweet racket

  printf("Hello")

You can replace "racket" with "typed/racket" or your favorite
racket-hosted language. It should also work in DrRacket but
you won't get nice things like indentation.

It still has some limitations (e.g. won't support some nice
reader stuff in Racket like hash literals) that I might fix
later. I haven't tested this too thoroughly so let me know
if it's buggy.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.