[racket] sound.ss teachpack

From: John Riedl (riedl at cs.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 18 21:28:09 EDT 2011

Thanks.  The sound.ss install worked fine from Windows 7, and plays
.wav files, as advertised.

What I was going from to expect speak-word and speak-list was this
quote from HtDP:

-----------
Once the controller returns the correct list for amounts whose dollar
and cent amounts are between 0 and 20, test the controller with a
computer that can speak. Set the teachpack to sound.ss, which makes
two operations available: speak-word and speak-list. The first accepts
a symbol or a number, the second a list of symbols and numbers. Both
pronounce the symbols they consume. Evaluate the following expressions
(speak-word 1), (speak-list (cons 1 (cons 'dollar empty))), and
(speak-list (cons 'beautiful (cons 'lady empty))) to understand how
the operations operate.

What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
John