[racket] what kind of Racket editor operations would you like to see?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jul 18 11:37:52 EDT 2011

Tony Garnock-Jones wrote at 07/18/2011 11:24 AM:
> M-x expand-sexp
>
> Opens a temporary buffer containing the pretty-printed full expansion
> of the s-expression at point.

I would use this sometimes.

> (Though it's definitely very much a wish since, given let-syntax, I'd
> bet it's not going to be possible to implement reliably.)

I'm thinking maybe have Emacs call out to a Racket process to: do the
proper expansion of the entire module, traverse the resulting syntax
object to find the extent of the original source positions, and feed
that through the pretty-printer.

That expansion can have have side-effects users might not expect, of course.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/