[racket] OpenGL (SGL) examples not working in Fedora

From: Daniil (eraserfingers at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 06:09:31 EDT 2011

Hello, Racket users. I was playing with SGL the other day and stumbled
upon a problem.
While everything was fine and working well on my Windows computer, I
had troubles running OpenGL code on my Fedora laptop.

When I try to run gears.rkt (collects/sgl/examples/gears.rkt) I get
the following error:

    send: target is not an object: #f for method: call-as-current

    === context ===
    /home/d/racket/collects/racket/private/class-internal.rkt:4549:0: obj-error
with-gl-context method in canvas%
    /home/d/racket/collects/sgl/examples/gears.rkt:234:4: on-size
method in gears-canvas%

I have Mesa3D installed and I have successfully run the original
`glxgears' demo. I also have GL development packages installed, if
that matters.
Does anybody have an idea what might be the problem in this case?

Thanks in advance and pardon my English, I am not a native speaker.

Posted on the users mailing list.