[racket] Emacs, racket and OS X issues

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jul 14 11:38:50 EDT 2011

Two minutes ago, Francis Lavoie wrote:
> I use racket with  M-x run-scheme not slime.

In that case, the full path would look like:

  (setq scheme-program-name "/wherever/you/have/racket")

> compiling is definetly overkill, but I'm not sure the parameters are
> incompatible. There's a lot of application on OS X that uses the
> same structure as on unix/linux.

An OSX application is (AFAICT, IANAOSXU) a single .app directory with
everything in it, different from unix applications that are exploded
over several directories according to the FHS -- so the two are
incompatible.  In any case, it looks like the only thing that you
needed from a --prefix is something you could get with a symlink.