[racket] Amazon Linux update causes `require' in 5.1.1 to hang indefinitely?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jul 11 22:46:34 EDT 2011

An hour and a half ago, Greg Hendershott wrote:
> I've discovered that the problem does NOT happen if I start racket
> with -j a.k.a. --no-jit.
>
> ?

It might be one of these things that prevent data execution.  With the
jit on, Racket is basically throwing some numbers into memory and then
executes them -- which is a power that some people don't like.  It
(Racket) does do the right thing an marks those memory pages as
executable, but it looks like something on your system is preventing
it somehow, possibly leading to that block.