[racket] Generated symbols

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Jul 3 14:58:56 EDT 2011

The main problem of understanding the difference between gensym and
string->symbol is the difference between interned an non-interned symbols.
Non interned symbols can be used in old style macros in order to ensure
hygiene (symgen can do the same though to some extent, but is not full
proof) Especially when turning to a repl, typing interned and non-interned
symbols may give rise to surprises. Apart from backward compatibility, I
think the difference between non and yes interned symbols should be removed.
With the current tools for writing macros, there no longer is a need for the
distinction I think. Of cource I may be wrong about this. If so, I am sure
to be corrected promtly.
Best wishes, Jos