[racket] erasing a line?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 1 08:35:38 EDT 2011

At Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:55:38 -0500, John Riedl wrote:
> In any case, this is a usability fail.  The two ways of making bitmaps
> should have the same defaults, even if their designers disagree on
> which is preferred :).  To whom do I mention that?

Just to augment Robby's response, the two ways exist precisely because
they have different defaults. We have lots of code that uses
`(make-object bitmap% ...)' and expects a bitmap without an alpha
channel. In new code, however, we almost always want an alpha channel;
the new function makes it easy to get the right default.

Ill adjust the docs to clarify which defaults change in `make-bitmap'
compared to `bitmap%', instead of just saying "more useful defaults".

Posted on the users mailing list.