[racket] planet security

From: Tom McNulty (tom at cetiforge.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 14:23:39 EST 2011

I second this concern, and such attacks become easier to pull of when targeting a centralized system.  I'm not sure a safe-require routine could work though, as ultimately many of these packages are downloaded for their side effects (database drivers etc).

Even if some sandboxed scheme could be devised, there is still no assurance the code you're running is what the (trusted) author intended;  an attacker could insert a 'safe' data-diddling routine.  Perhaps a key-signing system similar to secure-apt could ameliorate some of these concerns.