[racket] Racket does not allow entry of Non-European UTF-8 characters

From: Chris Stephenson (cs at cs.bilgi.edu.tr)
Date: Sat Jan 22 14:57:38 EST 2011

On 22/01/11 19:19, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> It seems as if Python
> ( http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/682476 ) shares
> this problem though as our attempts to interact with you via the bug
> report system have shown, we do care a lot about non-European chars --
> see supported language menu for DrRacket.  -- Matthias

We have no problems with our Turkish unicode character set (which is
treated as "non-European" despite our feelings and geography).

We have a mini language under DrRacket in which all the keywords are in
Turkish and so are the programs. Data entry and program evaluation work
fine with unicoded files.

As far as we are concerned, another great thing about Racket

--
Chris Stephenson
cs at cs.bilgi.edu.tr

Posted on the users mailing list.