[racket] First meaningful experiment.

From: Alexandre Moreira (alexandream at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 20:32:00 EST 2011

Disclaimer: This is not a question per se. Mostly intended for those
with free time who want to help one with the "The Path of Scheme" :)

Hello, everyone. I've been studying scheme for some time now and I
decided to start writing meaningful, simple, applications with racket
to experiment and get some experience. I decided to go on tackling the
simple feat of maze generating. Of course, without knowing much of the
language, I decided to start on the simplest algorithm I could
conceive: recursive backtracking/depth first search.

What I'm looking for help with is: I am entirely sure that this is not
exactly "scheme" in any way, but more of a monstrosity where I took a
bunch of my experience with object oriented programming and imperative
thinking and mixed with some stuff from the more functional world. If
anyone has the free time and is interested in reading a newbie's code,
I'd really appreciate to receive some criticism and tips on how to
make this fit more in a more natural way for long time schemers.

One restriction, which is what made me end up with this
object-oriented beast, is that it should be extensible for the many
other possible algorithms that I plan to eventually implement in the
same project.

If anyone's willing to help it: https://github.com/alexandream/mazes
here is the code!

--
"Bad programming is easy. Idiots can learn it in 21 days, even if they
are dummies."