[racket] Finndesign Liitin: Computing rethought

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 05:53:24 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Jukka Tuominen
<jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after about a decade's development work, we (Finndesign) are about to
> release something that we feel very exited about. It's a network OS called
> Liitin and it uses Scheme (Racket) as built-in language. BTW, Liitin means
> 'connector' in Finnish and is pronounced like "Lee tin".
> So, how does this sound to you?
> Possibilities, limitations, threats, questions, ideas? Cool/ not cool?

This sounds interesting but I'm not sure what exactly I'd do with
Liitin. Where do you see the first uses? I'm an engineer at heart so
I'm mainly interested in applications. What does Liitin make easy that
is currently hard?

Cheers,
Noel

Posted on the users mailing list.