[racket] raise vs abort

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 6 11:15:03 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Keiko Nakata
<keiko at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
>> If you wanted to try, I'd suggest adapting the redex model and then
>> using random testing to try to find the difference.....
>
> 'By adapting the redex model' means to implement
> those operators discussed above in the redex?
> Then I first need to understand their semantics;
> do you have good references besides docs?
> I enjoy reading the source written in Racket, but the C part is tougher...

There is a separate, formal model for the Racket's control operators
(some of them), implemented in Redex (a dsl for building formal
models).

That model is probably a good place for you to experiment with doing
things like implementing raise, etc.

I believe Casey has the latest version of it.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.