[racket] stateless servlets problem

From: Stefan Schmiedl (s at xss.de)
Date: Sun Jan 2 13:23:42 EST 2011

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 16:30:09 +0100
Stefan Schmiedl <s at xss.de> wrote:

> I'm especially curious now, why racket complains about my code,
> which is quite similar to what dispatch/servlet (web-server/servlet-dispatch.rkt)
> is doing:
>
>   (if stateless?
>      (make-stateless.servlet servlet-current-directory stuffer manager start)
>      (make-v2.servlet servlet-current-directory manager start))
>
> Why can this library function get away with using the same manager
> for both stateful and stateless servlets, and I can't?
>
> Must be a case of "quod licet Iovi, non licet newbie" (argh).

And indeed it is. Obviously I need to read some more about servlets and
namespaces. For now I'm content with having a web server that can serve
static files, call functions to handle requests or dispatch to different
(kinds of) servlets. Not sure that having such a beast run in the wild
is such a great idea, though.

This is fun :-)

s.

Posted on the users mailing list.