[racket] [ANN] Racket Gtk+ WebKit Binding

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Wed Feb 16 14:36:53 EST 2011

2011/2/16 Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com>:
> This could be very useful for testing web applications. How tied to
> GTK is it? (I.e. what would it take to run on other platforms?)
> [...]

Hello Noel,

the JavaScriptCore bridge is completely independent of any Gtk+ or
GObject code. The GUI code, however, relies heavily on GObject
property and signal management, Gtk+ layout facilities and the fact
that Racket widgets are internally Gtk+ widgets.

To port to another platform, the GUI code would have to be changed
substantially. Since the object oriented Racket frontend is already
separated from a Gtk+ specific backend module, this could be done
smoothly without changing the externally visible API.

If someone has the resources and knowledge to port the code to other
GUI environments, I would be glad to accept patches. I simply don't
have any experience with any other than the Gtk+ and MacOS X WebKit
ports and I don't have a MacOS X installation to test, at the moment.

Ciao,
Thomas