[racket] Divascheme with DrScheme and Windows Home Premium

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 8 17:57:57 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM, John Sampson <jrs.idx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I don't know about raco. I installed from the DrScheme interactions window
> with
> "(require (planet "install.ss" ("divascheme" "divascheme.plt" 1 3)))"
> according to the instructions. I have repeated this two or three times
> since changing the memory limit to 256 MB.
>
> I do not see any "Divascheme mode" bar.
>
> Perhaps I should uninstall DrScheme and start from scratch, trying to
> increase the memory limit before trying to install DivaScheme, if I can
> find out how to do that.

No, don't reinstall DrRacket.  I believe we should be able to fix the
situation.  I'll list the steps below.

(To the others on the list: is there a simpler procedure than the one
listed below to invoke setup-plt on Windows?)

---

* In Windows, go to the Start Menu, and select "All Programs".

* Look for the Racket submenu and click that.

* You should see an item within the opened sub-menu called "Racket
Folder"; select that.

* You should see a window listing a few filenames.  Double click the
one called "setup-plt" and wait for a while: it will recompile the
packages you've installed, including DivaScheme.

Afterwards, try restarting DrRacket.  DivaScheme should be fully installed.

Posted on the users mailing list.