[racket] Racket v5.0.99.900 is available for testing

From: Ковалев Юрий (yoschi at mail.ru)
Date: Sat Feb 5 04:23:59 EST 2011

For write to registry I use "shell-execute" and "reg" utility. I forgot what the problem is to use "write-resource", but it was.

"read-resource" from registry I use less frequently, but no doubt, it needed, for example, for read system information.

write-resource/read-resource I use mainly for ini-files. I plan replace this method of store preferences to more intelligent,
but anyway, I think there is other users, that need this functionality. In addition, it may be need, to read ini-files that was
created by another applications.

I found "GetProfileString" and "WritePrivateProfileString" in winapi. It seems not too difficult to use they for this purpose.

Fri, 4 Feb 2011 14:57:52 -0700 письмо от Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu>:

> I've implemented replacements for `get-resource' and `write-resource'
> that work only for the Windows registry (i.e., under Windows when the
> first argument is a special string like "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" and when no
> alternate file is specified).
>
> Does that match the way that you are using `write-resource'?

Posted on the users mailing list.