[racket] Racket / Scheme access to serial port, rs232, uart

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 26 11:29:18 EST 2011

About five years ago, I wrote simple C extensions that our group has used on OS X, Linux, and Windows. Today, I'd probably use the Foreign Function Interface. Sometimes we used the KeySpan USB-Serial hardware with the same extension. It might be possible to do what you show below entirely in Racket, but the serial interfaces are sometimes quirky enough that a small, non comprehensive C library is easier to maintain.

rac