[racket] web server log format

From: Jordan Schatz (jordan at noionlabs.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 16:32:30 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:30:59AM -0700, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> But the Racket Web server only has request logging by default, not response
> logging, so it makes something up in these positions. I will update the
> docs to mention this.

I think that a single dash is typically used if a value is missing or
unknown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Log_Format
A "-" in a field indicates missing data.

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-logfile
If a field is omitted for a particular entry a single dash "-" is
substituted.

Is there a performance reason for not logging information about the
response? It would seem that (especially) the response code would be
valuable to include by default?

Shalom,
Jordan

Posted on the users mailing list.