[racket] Racket Web Server

From: Gerry Weaver (gerryw at compvia.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 04:40:42 EST 2011

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the link. It was VERY helpful. It does answer the "why" part of the question, but not necessarily the "if" part. I'm thinking in terms of a real world application and it's maintainability. It seems while a particular problem was solved, the bar on the price of entry to the code was raised significantly. If the problem were to be solved in a way that would maintain a more conventional design, it would be accessible to a wider range of developers. There are many that struggle with understanding continuations (myself included). I was just trying to compare the benefits of a continuation based design versus a more conventional approach. At this point, I still think it would depend heavily on the specific use case and developer skill level. Don't get me wrong. It's very cool! However, if the goal were to make scheme based web development accessible to the masses, I don't think a
continuation based design would be the right choice. I will continue to ponder this question as I become more proficient in the language. I think it is important to capture these kinds things when learning any new language. It's a moment that will never come again. It seems I will inevitably reach a point where I am no longer able to evaluate things like this objectively.

Thanks,
Gerry