[racket] Racket Web Server

From: Gerry Weaver (gerryw at compvia.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 02:29:44 EST 2011

Hello All,

Neil points out something that I've been meaning to ask about. What exactly are the benefits of a continuation based design? Is the web server using it as some type of multitasking or coroutine feature? I think I have a basic understanding of what continuations are and how they work. I'm just not sure the benefits justify the liability (in terms of accessibility/maintainability). I could certainly understand the need to use them for a coroutine library though. I've seen literally dozens of statements extolling the power of continuations, but no one ever seems to provide a foundation for the statement. My current take on this is that they should be used very sparingly if at all. Would one of y'all please enlighten me?

Thanks,
Gerry