[racket] Racket FFI to ImageMagick

From: Harry Spier (vasishtha.spier at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 2 00:43:36 EST 2011

A while ago in response to a question I had about the FFI to Racket,
Eli Barzilay wrote:

> > Note BTW that the ImageMagick interface that comes with racket was
> > made as an example for an interface, so it wasn't kept up to date with
> > the current API. (I don't know what changed, but given that a number
> > of years have passed, I'm guessing that updates are needed.)

 I've just tried out the FFI with the latest version of ImageMagick and
with some very very minor changes (and I think those changes are because
I'm on Windows) it works just fine with the latest version of ImageMagick.

1. I installed ImageMagick. (the windows installer automatically added the
path to the ImageMagick dll's into the PATH enavironmental variable)
2. I exchanged the name of the dll for thelibrary name that was in the FFI.
3. I discovered that two of the functions are in a different dll than the
rest and made a change to the code to take care of that.

and everything worked perfectly.  There is some new ImageMagick
functionality since the FFI was written but all the functions I'm using
work fine.

Many thanks,
Harry Spier