[racket] disabling scribble/manual HTML navigation bars

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 24 19:58:51 EDT 2011

On 8/24/11 7:45 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:32:07 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>> When using "scribble/manual" to produce one-page HTML documentation for
>> a PLaneT package... is there an option to prevent the navigation bars
>> (i.e., the gray "...search manuals...", "top", "prev", etc. things) from
>> being added?
>>
>> (Reason for asking: I like to use this HTML for the home page of the
>> package on my personal Web site, but the navigation bar doesn't do
>> anything there.  I can just write a little script to modify the HTML
>> after the fact; just checking whether there's a better way.)
>
> I think the navigation bar is added by `raco setup'. If you run
> `scribble' directly on the main document file, then the navigation bar
> is not included.
>
> Getting the links right may involve various extra flags to `scribble',
> though, such as
>
>   ++xref-in setup/xref load-collections-xref
>
> and
>
>   --redirect-main http://docs.racket-lang.org/

The search box is added by raco setup, but the navigation stuff appears
if you use scribble --htmls.  If you want a multi-page document without
the navigation links, this will do it for you:

$ cat nonav.css
.navsettop, .navsetbottom {
   display: none;
}

$ scribble --htmls ++style nonav.css page.scrbl

You may also want to add:

.version {
   display: none;
}