[racket] Help On User Libraries - The Basics

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 21 13:06:57 EDT 2011

Neil,

I'm pretty much familiar with all of those approaches, but every time I
resort to them they feel like workarounds that are not generally satisfying
and I must be missing something.   Worse these are all "techniques" that
people figure out after some serious head banging on brick wall trial and
error with racket  I've personally gone down each of those paths and various
and sundry versions of "requires" that populate show all those "techniques".
 And frankly its a bit of a mess.

So here is the scenario.  Joe the some what experienced coder hears lisp is
cool and Racket is the coolest lisp around.  He installs racket and I'd
think somewhere within a few hours is going to attempt to create a simple
local library/collection of code and translate his favorite hello world
program into racket.   If he sticks with it, after a few days deep in the
doc and trial and error he might figure out one or more of below techniques.
 But why is so ... hard or so tricky that a some do this or that discussion
occurs?

The whole thing should just be a drop dead simple exercise.