[racket] Help On User Libraries - The Basics

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 21 12:49:58 EDT 2011

Yes.

raco make either makes the entire racket default collection (and the one in
you home path which will ignore for now).  Or one can tell it to only make a
single library in the default collection,
e.g., raco make compiler

So by default raco doesn't "see" my collection at /code/rktlib.

One trick is to planet "link" it, even though* *I'm not really using planet
libraries.
 /usr/local/racket/bin/raco planet link rktlib  c1.plt 1 0 /code/rktlib/c1

Then a raco make seems to first scan through all the racket collections and
then finally compiles my rktlib.  But most time I just want to raco make my
rktlib quickly.  However, trying to tell raco to just build my rktlib fails.
 "raco make rktlib" fails as it can't find my collection.

The problem here is raco doesn't take any sort of arg parameter which is the
path to my rktlib collection.  Now I can work around this by setting the
PLTCOLLECTION environment var but I'm already 2 kludges deep into a rather
simple thing.  To compile a simple local collection, I first trick it as
some sort of planet development link and then stumble across that there is
this environment variable backdoor.

In the past, I just shrug, go with it and figure I'm just missing something.
 This time I want to figure out where I keep wandering off the reservation.