[racket] heredoc syntax

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 18 17:48:15 EDT 2011

On 08/18/2011 03:34 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> 50 minutes ago, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>> Whats the syntax for heredoc strings?
>>
>> I was surprised that I couldn't find documentation for the lexical
>> structure of racket. I also grepped the source for 'heredoc' but
>> didn't come up with anything.
> Don't use it, use the Scribble syntax instead.

Ok. For future reference this is how its done:

#lang at-exp racket
@string-append{
foo
bar
}

I would be happier if there was some syntactic support in scribble instead of having to write 'string-append'.

>> I like python's heredoc syntax -- triple quotes. """a heredoc
>> string""", if such a thing could be added to racket (I will most
>> likely do something like this for honu).
> Don't use it, use the Scribble syntax instead.  Really.

Probably this discussion should move to the dev list.. but anyway how would I re-use the scribble syntax? I have my own lexer so whats the easiest way to bridge
to the scribble stuff?

Posted on the users mailing list.