[racket] Typed racket puzzle (ii)

From: Anthony Cowley (acowley at seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 17 15:03:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Very nice lunch break, though it's really the intersection of Postel's
> Law and reflection that you're highlighting here.  The problem with
> that is that reflection breaks just about *everything*, so it's harder
> to blame ol' Jon Postel. (-:

Right, I'm defending him! Insufficient respect for abstraction is what
bites you, and I was reminded of the recent frustrated chatter about
browser detection. As Neil pointed out in this thread, from some
points of view, the web is pretty hopeless, but I think it's good to
be both precise and abstract when dealing with despair.

Anthony

Posted on the users mailing list.