[racket] Creating a #lang language, and modifying contract system

From: Casey Klein (clklein at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 11 11:41:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Matthew recently wrote an excellent note about the interactions with
> eval and namespaces and why you should or shouldn't use one and I
> would love to be able to provide you with the same, but I don't have
> such an essay yet. I'm sorry. The best I can offer you is the
> documentation and this paper:
>
>  http://www.eecs.northwestern.edu/~robby/pubs/papers/icfp2007-fyff.pdf

That paper doesn't explain parameters at all, but its explanation of
continuation marks will set you up for reading the Reference's
explanation:

http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/eval-model.html?q=parameterize#%28part._parameter-model%29

You might also consider the simpler treatment of continuation marks in
sections 3.1 and 3.2 of this paper:

http://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1051&context=csse_fac

If you don't care about interaction with delimited control, the
simpler explanation might satisfy you.

Posted on the users mailing list.