[racket] Wikipedia article improvements

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Aug 11 09:13:28 EDT 2011

Joan Arnaldich wrote at 08/11/2011 08:13 AM:
> As for the links section... maybe I would also add a section on
> applications and companies using Racket in production
> environments... As far as I know, there's

One nice thing about Racket is that Racketeers mostly eat their own
dogfood: DrRacket is a complex application implemented in Racket, and
it's used in production by a large number of educational institutions
around the world.

Any large users of Racket who are in stealth mode, however, won't be on
any list of users.  The first rule of Racket Club is: don't talk about
Racket Club.  (And you have to admit that "Racket Club" is a great
innocuous-sounding name, to use with the secret hand signs.  Are they
signing square brackets at each other, or are their hands just sore from
all the racket sports?)

> Dunno... what do you think? Do you expect for people to go and
> directly edit the wikipedia article or would you rather do it
> yourself...

I think the answer has nothing to do with Racket... If someone has
useful knowledge about a topic that suggests a change to a Wikipedia
page, they should make the change.  Other people with knowledge might
come along later and make changes that build upon or correct that
change.  That's how Wikipedia is supposed to work, despite all the
companies and political groups who try to control Wikipedia pages in
which they have an interest.

> also, do you expect the discussion on the article to take
> place here or over wikipedia?

I think that "users at racket-lang.org" is *the* venue for Racket
discussion.  You'll see Racket discussion scattered in other forums
around the Web, usually with the ubiquitous and tireless Eli Barzilay
participating, but I think that "users@" is the overwhelmingly preferred
place.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/